Sunday, December 11, 2011

Indiana 73 Kentucky 72

Multiple angles and fans reacting from New York to Bloomington to San Diego (set to "This is Indiana"):


Video with Don Fischer's call:


Fans go crazy at Nick's:


Fans celebrate on Kirkwood:




Another angle from a fan:





Easy caption for this one: #1 Kentucky Goes Down!
























Tweet, tweet:

Chronic Hoosier
Dear Kentucky, SUCK IT. -signed, Karma.

Martha the Mop Lady
Yes but I have no idea where I am, or where my clothes are. : u alive this morning

Justin Albers
Glass: "IU basketball is back. There couldn't have been a bigger signature win."
RT : Story filed from Bloomington. Time to go outside Assembly Hall and see if the town is still standing.

Martha the Mop Lady
Anyone have my bra?

Dan Shulman
Not sure Ive ever been at a scene quite like the gm at IU today. If I have, not many. Fantastic atmosphere, unforgettable finish.
2014 verbal commit RT Best game I've ever been to in my life
#iubb RT : Christian Watford 3 at buzzer wins the game for Indiana. Might be best regular season game I have ever seen.

Dwyane Wade
woooooooooow what a shot. And the walk off by Coach Crean was Swag. basketball is back ppl..
RT : Been coming to games at Assembly Hall since 1990. Never seen a scene like this.

Erin Andrews
ARE U SERIOUS AMMMMMMMERICA!!!!! Great win Hoosiers.
In case you missed it.....
BTN will replay the game Monday night at 7pm ET/6pm CT as an Instant Classic.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome pics! i was screaming at my TV to take Will and VJ out because they were so selfish and not getting CZ the ball, but i guess i'll forgive them! anxious to see what we are ranked. i say we should be #19 or 20.

ryun

Anonymous said...

Chris Writes:

Shana and I saw the end of the game in the Charlotte, NC airport bar. We were joined by a guy in an IU shirt who has two sons at IU. Anyway, we were jumping around!

I love the video clip at Nicks. That place was loud. I would have loved to be a student at IU at that very moment. They have earned the right to celebrate after all this suckage.

I really feel good for VJ3. This guy came in as a scrawny frosh and had had his teeth kicked in every year by far superior teams. He drove the court and kicked to the open man...like a Senior is expected to do. He's got his ills, but this kid DESERVES to taste success. He and the rest of the kids now have a sense for what its like to play and WIN at INDIANA.

I voted on this blog that IU was solidly in the NCAA this year. I think we're going to get revenge on a lot of Big Ten teams this season. Zeller changes everything. He puts players like CW and VO in their natural positions and look at the results! We're a good team, boys. You can get excited now. These guys can play and they know how to win.

I look forward to reclaiming my bragging rights over many of the Big Ten fans, namely the Badger fans who have used IU's demise to speak up about their hoops program. Shaaadup-up now, Bucky. Its over. Go back to football and send Bo back to his backwater status.

Crean looked like he was going to yack.

Tom Earth said...

If a picture is worth a thousand words, this blog is worth about 50K. Awesome job. There really isn't much to say about this one. Right up there with the Haston game winner. The significance of this one is so much more though. This team has been the doormat of BT Football and Basketball for the last three years. The players deserve better and the students deserve better. I remember the media giving IU a lot of crap last year for storming the court against the Illini. I was at that game and the court storming just did not seem natural. As far as this game, I was ready to driving the 5 hours myself to go party with everyone. If Sean still lived down there, I may have. Great win and by far and away the highlight of the weekend. I DVR'd the Bears game and plan on watching that tonight. I have mile high hopes for a Bears win.

Anonymous said...

Gavin - I cannot believe the finish to this game Great game for Watford. He cemented himself as a STAR for life in IU lore. I cannoth believe i wasnt at this game.

I told you Dart that if the game was close UK would blow it at the line. I think the tweet of the century is:

Dear Kentucky,

SUCK IT

Signed,

Karma

this is so true! Caliapri is a punk and the HOOSIERS Rule!

Love it and I will NEVER give up my TIX!!!

GO IU!!!

Anonymous said...

The BEST part about this night was watching this game with my son and him jumping in my arms after the win yelling

HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS!!!

Priceless!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry... Last comment was from Gavin..

I do have on thing to add...

Could someone let Dick Vitale sit on Calipari's lap during the next IU Kentucky game so he can tell Cal how great he is up close and personal.

It seems unfair that John Calipari has to watch Dickhead V on DVR tell him what a perfect CHEATER he is. Makes me SICK!

I think i just threw up in my mouth...

No wait, i really threw up!

From Gavin

moncler jassen said...

i like it ! thanks