Thursday, January 14, 2010

IU 45 Michigan 69

I really don't have a lot to say about this game.  Once again, IU was atrocious on offense.  A ton of unforced turnovers, 1-15 from the arc, and 6-12 from the line.  They scored 7 points in the first 10 minutes, 21 points in the first half, and 45 points for the game.

The interesting thing about this game was that even as bad as IU was, they were right in this game until Manny Harris finally woke up and took this game over.  This was a 5-point game with just 6:30 minutes to go in the game at a score of 48-43. 

Hmmmm.....let me do some quick math.....yep, a whopping 2 points by the Hoosiers in the final 6:30 of this one.  Outscored 21-2 to close out the game.  That means that IU has been outscored 39-5 to close out the last 2 games.  And on that note, I really don't feel like talking about this anymore.  Goodbye.

7 comments:

Tom Earth said...

IU had no business being in this game. Not sure what is more frustrating: the fact IU ended the game on the wrong end of a 21-2 run or that they lost to a team in my opinion is in the bottom quarter of the Big Ten in that fashion. Michigan is not a good team. If we played like that against anyone else in the Big Ten, we would have lost by 50. Performance like tonight makes we want to forget this season now.

Greg said...

Jeff,
I appreciate your dedication to the blog. Thanks for hanging in there. I find myself losing interest as I did during the conference season last year. We obviously need better players. Overall, I think Crean is doing a pretty decent job. The loss of Mo Creek hurts tremendously. Keep up the good work.

jdhoosier said...

Tom - you're right, Michigan stinks. Unfortunately, that means that we stink very much bad.

Greg - I couldn't agree more. My short post is an indication that I am losing interest as well. Or, at least, I am forcing myself to ratchet the intensity down several levels. The way we have looked in the last 3 halves of basketball is an indication that it's simply not worth getting worked up over. The loss of Mo Creek is devastating. I still cry myself to sleep every night with visions of Mo's knee crumbling in my head.

More specifically, for me, it was the way IU lost the 15-point second half lead to hated Illinois that was followed the next day by the Packers playoff loss in that crazy game against the Cardinals. Those two back-to-back events wondering where have all the "highs" gone from being a die-hard sports fan.

Tom Earth said...

You want another kick in the balls? Look at what Jordan Crawford is doing at Xavier. There is a write-up in ESPN the magazine on him. It is depressing to read. I am starting to lose interest too. I actually don't like watching the games. The whole time I am watching the games, I am waiting for IU to blow it. Bears, Cubs, Bulls and now IU. That is why I have become a hockey fan.

jdhoosier said...

You hear that, Kelvin? Tom Earth is moving to Canada and it's you're fault.

Kelvin - I live in Milwaukee and you better not come into Conejitos on a Friday evening because there is a good chance that our paths might cross if you do. Vamanos, mother fucker.

TheCoach said...

Blame Canada!

Tom Earth said...

I wish Gus Johnson did every IU game.