Saturday, November 21, 2009

Indiana 67 Boston U 71

This game was exactly my worst fear.....and no, I am not talking about the lack of TV coverage.  My fear with this team was that they would not only play in a lot of close games, but unfortunately they would lose a lot of close games.  With last night's game, that fear was definitely realized.

Definitely disappointing to lose a game to an 0-3 Boston team, especially considering that IU had the lead the entire game until the final minute.

I don't have a ton of comments without being able to watch the game, but here are a couple items of note:
  • Maurice Creek was sensational to start the game.  He had 14 early points on three 3-pointers and a dunk.  He had 17 points in the first 14 minutes of the game.  However, he had 0 points in the final 26 minutes.
  • IU got outrebounded by 20.
Andy posted a comment about Tom Crean's post-game press conference and it is definitely worth a listen.  Click here for a link to the audio on Inside the Hall.

This game was so disappointing that I keep thinking of Bob Knight being disappointed.  Click here for Bobby's disappointment.

Box Score

The Hoosiers close out the Puerto Rico Tipoff with a Sunday morning game against George Mason.  The game is at 10:30am ET (9:30am CT) on ESPNU.

3 comments:

jdhoosier said...

Copying in some comments that were either received by email or on a previous post:

Tom says:
I am really down on Dumes. I am listening to the radio feed for the BU game. Dumes has an intentional foul that leads to a 5 point possession. I obviously cannot see the game. It sounds like Dumes is playing out of control on both ends. The IU lead is down to 1.

Andy says:
Wow! I only heard the last few seconds of the game with the link Jeff gave for the IU feed. But based upon the commentary from Todd Leary at the end of the game and during the postgame, that could not have been good. I hope I am wrong. It sounded like we had all kinds of opportunities to win and did not get it done. Very interested to read your blog on this game Jeff. Were there any positives? Again, I only heard a very small piece of the game but the announcers were very negative on IU.

Tom - How are the hemorrhoids? I feel for ya buddy.

Andy says:
Yikes!!! Did anybody hear Crean on the post-game show on the IU radio network? He was very diplomatic but Dude was NOT happy! He mentioned a "crucial (pregnant pause) CRUCIAL intentional foul". Was this Dumes????!!!! He called it an "embarrassing loss" and said that "these are young kids" and we "are not tough enough". He mentioned the leadership that Rivers and Jones are providing but said beyond that, there is no leadership and we have nobody that knows how to win. Again, he was polite, but he WAS NOT happy. That could not have been a pleasant post-game locker room.

Tom says:
It was definitely Dumes. It don't think Dumes came back on the floor after the next possession (which he committed another foul). There is something that really bothers me about him. I listened to the BU announcers. They sure made it seem like IU gave the game away. I am really pissed off. It totally ruined my night. I followed the first half on the internet and listened to the second half on BU radio. I know there are going to be games like this. I just wasn't expecting it tonight. IU had the lead almost the entire second half. My lasting memory was when the score was 67-65 with a minute to go. BU had the ball and they scored an uncontested layoff. The announce said, "Where was Elston on that play? He was nowhere to be found." I am really glad I wasn't watching it. I still cannot believe IU had two chances to tie it at the end. It sounds as if they wasted a lot of time on that second to last possession. Crean has to be pissed.

Westlake said...

I dont mind listening to games at all.....but it wasn't even Fish! And the joker kept saying "Jordie" Hulls! A disappointing loss, but at least the guys got some good minutes in a close game.

Tom Earth said...

FUCK!!! This really sucks. Another heartbreaking loss. Now I have to go to Soldier Field to watch the Bears get their ass kicked. What a great way to end the weekend