Friday, March 21, 2008

If This Blog Was Made of Paper....

If this blog was made of paper, I would set it on fire.

But at least it's over. The most disappointing and frustrating season in IU history is in the books.

I feel bad for DJ White.

I feel sick that our only season with Eric Gordon ends with him playing horribly for the entire second half of the season and 0 postseason wins.
Now we can look forward to a nice quiet offseason. Probably just hire a new coach, get some NCAA sanctions, suffer some transfers, suffer some recruits backing out of LOIs, suffer a rough recruiting season.....

I feel confident that IU and their pink-ribbon (credit: Andy) committee will screw up the hiring of IU's next coach.

I feel like I have completely wasted the last 4 months of my life.

I feel bad that Tom bet $10,000 on IU winning this game.

I feel disgusted that IU not only lost their 1st round game, but did not even keep it close enough to prevent CBS from switching away from the IU game to another game that had 12 minutes left.

Andy feels like transferring his diploma to another university.

I feel like my best work on this blog for the entire year was this:

I hate this team. I really do.

The End.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I echo your disdain for IU basketball. Every preseason, IU basketball is full of hope and optimism. But at season's end, IU limps home after a lethargic first round NCAA tournament loss. I think this is analogous to the repeated Peanuts football scence where Lucy promises Charlie Brown that she'll let him kick the football. Every time he is somewhat reluctant to believe her but in the end,he gives in. He races toward her believing this is going to be time he is going to kick the ball. As always, Lucy pulls the ball away at the last second and Charlie Brown ends up flat on his back. How many more years will we being lying on the ground next to Charlie Brown cursing Lucy/IU basketball?

In closing, Jeff, your considerable blog efforts have not been in vain. Your witty comments have been therapeutic for your devoted IU following. I'm confident it has resulted in fewer dogs being kicked, fewer cats being thrown, and fewer neighbors being yelled at...after the many disappointing events of this IU year.

Please keep up the good work.

DC Mark

jdhoosier said...

Right on with the Charlie Brown reference and thanks for the nice words about the blog.

Last year, I think I took a break from the blog during most of the off-season. But this year, we will keep on trucking to cover the continuing circus that is IU basketball.

The coaching search and rumors should be interesting. The NCAA hearing should be scary. And hopefully additional bad news of players transferring or recruits decommitting will be limited.

Here's to a new chapter of IU basketball, Charlie Brown.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to reinforce DC Mark's comments on the blog. Considering the season we just endured, including the 'Network', taking half the games away from many of us, I think the my two favorite things about this season were the outstanding play of DJ and Jeff's blog. The humor, sarcasm, frustration, and all other emotions tied into it provided a great outlet for all of us. Keep us the great work and together we'll get through the summer and whatever lays in store next season.