Thursday, November 12, 2009

Buckle up Hoosier Fans, It's Go Time!

If you have been as anxious as I have been to get this season started, then you should get your fill over the next 9 days.  The Hoosiers play their first 5 games in a 9-day span.  I don't know if that is necessarily a good thing for a young team, but it's a good thing for fans that can't wait to see how this team and young players are shaping up.  I'm also anxious to get the taste of losing 21 of 22 out of my mouth.

We start the season with a Friday night contest against Howard at 8pm ET (7pm CT).  The game will be on the Big Ten Network.  Then we have USC Upstate on Monday at 8:30pm ET (7:30 pm CT) also on the Big Ten Network.  I am not sure if USC Upstate is a real college.  In fact, I am pretty sure it is the university that was in the movie Old School.  So, I wouldn't be surprised if Jackie Moon makes an appearance.

Then it's off to Puerto Rico for 3 games in 4 days.  The thing I really like about the Puerto Rico trip is that the field is stacked with good but not great teams.  So, it will be very interesting to see how this team competes in the Puerto Rico Tipoff.

If your interested, here' video of Crean talking to the media today:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God!!! It's go time! I will try to have some observations from inside the hall!!
I can't wait to see the Hoosiers begin the season with a nice victory!

Anonymous said...

Just an observation. We need a new stadium. That room looks ancient! We need some high roller to step up to fund a new Hall.
Chris

jdhoosier said...

Yes, Mark Cuban needs to step up and get some 60" plasmas up in there.