Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Puerto Rico Tipoff -- Early Start on Thursday!

I can't say the USC Upstate game left me filled with excitement, but the bottom line is that the Hoosiers are 2-0 as they head to Puerto Rico.  I am excited to see how this team responds to the big step up in competition that they will see in the Puerto Rico tipoff.

Even with the long trip to Puerto Rico, we still don't have to wait long to find out as IU takes on Ole Miss and the game is at 5:00 ET (4:00 CT) on Thursday.  So, if you can't get out of work on time, make sure to set your DVR.  The game is on ESPN2. 

Ole Miss also heads to Puerto Rico with a 2-0 record and they have rolled easily over Ark-Little Rock (92-64) and Alabama St (90-53).

In IU's second game in Puerto Rico, they will take on either Boston U or Kansas St.  That game will be on Friday at either 6:00 ET (5:00 CT) or 8:30 ET (7:30 CT).

Have you noticed that I always list the times in ET and CT.  That's really just for my own benefit so I don't confuse myself and end up missing the first hour of the game.  Hey, I have a lot of shit going on, all right!?!

IU's third game in Puerto Rico will be on Sunday.  Time and opponent are TBD and the game will either be on ESPNU or ESPN2.

ESPNU -- You may want to check and see if you are currently getting ESPNU.  Right now, I am getting 2 months free of the "Sports Pack" through DirecTV for being a loyal customer and that includes ESPNU.  My fear is that it has been right around 2 months already and it will probably shut off on Friday afternoon.

If you forced me to make a prediction for the Hoosiers in Puerto Rico, I would predict that IU comes home with 1 victory and that victory comes on Sunday.  TBD is not very good this year. 

If they come home empty-handed....well, that would be pretty damn disappointing.  If they win two games, I would be extremely excited with a 4-1 start.  If they win the Puerto Rico tipoff, I'm buying Final Four tickets.

Go Hoosiers!

4 comments:

Tom Earth said...

Don't take TBD for granted. They always play with a lot of heart. I could see them giving IU a fight.

I am a little guarded going into the next three games. I was really disappointed in IU's play yesterday. Rivers frustrated me. It seemed as if he was trying to get on SportsCenter with some of his passes. He failed on more than a few no look passes.

I plan on getting out of work early for the game on Thursday. Not exactly sure how I am going to explain that to my boss. I have gone to the well too many times with the ol' "my hemorrhoids are flaring up" excuse. May have to try something different.

TheCoach said...

i think one game is a pretty good guess. i too am very excited to see how we do vs. better teams. i do think we're going to improve more than other teams with experience and chemsitry. i'm also going with the theory that CTC will cut the rotation to 9 and that will help chemistry and talent level. did i mention i'm not a big VJIII fan?

shealy said...

Thursday's game is also being streamed live online via ESPN360 for those that can't get away and have access to the service. I believe both AT&T and Comcast provide the service free. I watched a large chunk of last night's MSU v Gonzaga game on it last night and the quality was good.

jdhoosier said...

Tom, I think you have to keep going to the well with that one and force your boss to call you on it.

It won't happen, nobody would call you on that because it's too awkward and everyone knows that's a reoccurring problem.