Monday, November 2, 2009

Exhibition Opener on Wednesday

Less than 48 hours away from the Hoosiers exhibition opener on Wednesday evening against Grace College.  Game time is 7pm ET (6pm CT).

It appears there might be a couple options to watch both of IU's exhibition games, but neither of them are exactly ideal.  The first option is to sign up for Big Ten Streaming Video and pay $2.99 to watch the game online at bigtennetwork.com.  BTN.com says its streaming video is much improved over last year and I sure hope so if they are now charging for it.  I tried watching last year's exhibition game online and it was horrible.

The second option appears to be a re-airing of the broadcast on the Big Ten Network in the middle of the night.  On my DirecTV guide, it is showing as "Student U" and coming on at 3am ET (2am CT) overnight Wednesday night (or early Thursday morning).  The interesting thing is that "Student U" is only listed as being on for only 1.5 hours, so I am not sure if they edit out commercials and halftime or what.

Unfortunately, I will be traveling this week and won't be able to watch the streaming video live.  So, I have a two-fold approach.  First, I did go ahead and sign-up for the Big Ten Streaming Video and purchased the game.  I am pretty sure your purchased games are archived so that you can watch them later if you aren't able to watch them live (at least that's my hope).  But just in case, I set my DVR to record "Student U" at 2am CT (plus an extra hour since it is only listed as 1.5 hours long).  So, some way or another, I plan to watch that exhibition game but I may not have any post-game comments until later in the week.

Errek Suhr will be one of the announcers on BTN.com.

Less than 2 weeks away from the season opener on Friday, November 13th against Howard.

1 comment:

Tom Earth said...

Heard good things about Hulls tonight. I am heading down there with the family for the 11/28 game. Really looking forward to seeing this team in person.